Looking for Prickly Pear Cactus and...

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Spotcold2

Looking for Prickly Pear Cactus and...

Post by Spotcold2 »

Hello, I'm Taylor, and I'm new to this site. I am really interested in expanding my collection. Right now I have one pincushion cactus and an aloe plant and an amaryllis plant. I really want to get some unique cacti and succulents! For example:
I really want a prickly pear cactus pad clipping or cutting
A rat tail cutting
A bunch of new succulent cuttings! I think these plants r so so awesome!
Also I use to have an echeveria succulent, but it died due to cold temps... I miss it

As for trades, right now I have pincushion seeds amaryllis seeds. I'm hoping my aloe plant will sprout some pups soon! And, if everything works out, in a couple months I will have a couple fairy castle clippings ( my sister may be sending me some fairy cactus cuttings , but it's not definite)
bluetexasbonnie
Location: Geronimo, Texas (near San Antonio) Edge of zone 8a - 8b.

Re: Looking for Prickly Pear Cactus and...

Post by bluetexasbonnie »

Where are you located? I have a couple of Texas native (or at least naturalized) prickly pears.
My cactus must be gods. They demand blood sacrifice.
Spotcold2

Post by Spotcold2 »

Awesome! I am in PA. All my plants stay indoors, but I may experiment with some plants outdoors.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Welcome - Spot! You need/should introduce yourself under "New Member" thread! I've got gobs of Melocactus matanzanus seeds for a "Getting started" present. Fairly common, but a neat plant with not too many spines, and was real easy germinating from seed from my (Lowe's) plant. Love's heat, but survives my 60F house (or lower) :roll: If you're interested, send a PM. No cost -- I'll pick up postage.
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Spotcold2

Post by Spotcold2 »

Great! I will send u a pm right now! :)