astro's on ebay, dirt cheap... (minus shipping)

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
onesickfreak

astro's on ebay, dirt cheap... (minus shipping)

Post by onesickfreak »

k, so i saw this, just wanted to share...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astrophytum-ast ... 3a85408068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the devil made me do it... it was so much fun
tumamoc

Re: astro's on ebay, dirt cheap... (minus shipping)

Post by tumamoc »

Great, if you live in Thailand :? .
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

You can live here too as they ship world wide - "Cites export permit and Phytosanitary certificate cost 15 USD for 1 shipment."
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

paulzie32 wrote:You can live here too as they ship world wide - "Cites export permit and Phytosanitary certificate cost 15 USD for 1 shipment."
As long as you have proper import permits for them and send them to the seller to include in your box before shipping.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Saxicola wrote:
paulzie32 wrote:You can live here too as they ship world wide - "Cites export permit and Phytosanitary certificate cost 15 USD for 1 shipment."
As long as you have proper import permits for them and send them to the seller to include in your box before shipping.
Not only that, the plants must first be sent to a USDA inspection office (labels are included with your Import Permit); once the USDA completes inspection (assuming they pass), they will then forward the plants to you.

In my experience, countries are not completely up-to-date on USA Phyto Permit requirements (specifically, it seems they always leave out a declaration regarding nematodes); if the Phytos are not correctly worded, the USDA will contact you for a new Phyto, then you have to wait until the new one is produced by the sender and received (hard copy) by the USDA before they release the plants to you.

It really is a simple process IF all parties do what they are supposed to do. It *is* a bit more time-consuming, but doing it all above-board has its advantages. Luckily, most cacti & succulents can sit in a box for a long time with no lasting damage.
onesickfreak

Post by onesickfreak »

the papers (ive gotten) document that they where ethical grown and not dug out of the wild, and that they've been dipped, quarantined, and inspected before export. (ive had customs open one of my boxes before, was glad to have them) plus, certificates are good for entire shipment, not one per plant.
the devil made me do it... it was so much fun
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

I just got a grafted plant from Thailand and it had Phytosanitary Certs from their Department of agriculture and also Cites permits.
had no issues with it.
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage