Let"s Start our ROUND ROBIN trade list! 2013

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
apfire

Let"s Start our ROUND ROBIN trade list! 2013

Post by apfire »

I think now is a good time to start our ROUND ROBIN trade list. I was thinking that we start our list now and keep it going for a few months. Then in August I will mail the box to the first name on the list, they mail it to the next name until we come to the last name then the box returns to the originator. http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtop ... ound+robin
I am just looking for the defining statement to put here. Follow this link to see my other cacti.
http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... cti%202013, 2014 http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... New%20Year
John C

Re: Let"s Start our ROUND ROBIN trade list! 2013

Post by John C »

I'm game for another round robin! Anyone else? This wouldn't be fun with only two people :wink:
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
Onzuka

Post by Onzuka »

I'll happily join in, but I'll need a link to the rules. We did this before on another cacti forum and kept a count of the miles/kilometers that the box had travelled. It does not take long to get a very high mileage box! Obviously you need to start out with a very sturdy box.

Steve
majcka

Post by majcka »

Onzuka wrote:I'll happily join in, but I'll need a link to the rules. We did this before on another cacti forum and kept a count of the miles/kilometers that the box had travelled. It does not take long to get a very high mileage box! Obviously you need to start out with a very sturdy box.

Steve
I don't think you can join an American Round Robin. :-k But there always is a possibility to start our own Europeian one. :wink:
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

John C wrote:I'm game for another round robin! Anyone else? This wouldn't be fun with only two people :wink:

Im game for this add me to the list please. :D Since it wont be till August i can start stashing few bucks away for the shipping..
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
apfire

Post by apfire »

I thought this would take off like wild fire! The issue of the box is moot. I would just change the box. Really it should be put some in ...take some out. I am one the those that like to add more. Even people with small collections can participate. This is a good way to expand your collection at a small cost.(postage) It also fun to see what is in the box. So come on and join in It was lots of fun last year.
I am just looking for the defining statement to put here. Follow this link to see my other cacti.
http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... cti%202013, 2014 http://s290.photobucket.com/user/apfire ... New%20Year
cefalophone

Post by cefalophone »

If this is the page to sign up I would like to join.
Onzuka

Post by Onzuka »

majcka wrote:
Onzuka wrote:I'll happily join in, but I'll need a link to the rules. We did this before on another cacti forum and kept a count of the miles/kilometers that the box had travelled. It does not take long to get a very high mileage box! Obviously you need to start out with a very sturdy box.

Steve
I don't think you can join an American Round Robin. :-k But there always is a possibility to start our own Europeian one. :wink:
So, Maja, it looks like you just volunteered to manage the European operation!!

Steve
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Count me in for another go at this!
I'm out of the country all of July, so as long as this doesn't start until August, I should be OK to participate.
Thanks for coordinating this!
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) If the box dont look so good after shipping around when it gets to me i will pack it all into a new box so it can keep going on its journey. :wink: Are we sending the box express or regular standard shipping??
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
majcka

Post by majcka »

Onzuka wrote:
majcka wrote:

Steve
So, Maja, it looks like you just volunteered to manage the European operation!!

Steve
I might. But don't blame me if I miss somewhere. I heard first about Round Robin on this forum. But you (Europeans) are wellcome to subscribe and we'll see where it gets us. :-k
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I think that we should start a separate thread for the EU round robin, just to avoid clogging this one. But that is just my opinion. :) And by the way, I'm in!
-Daniel

Aquatic technician at Maidenhead Aquatics, Windsor.
I like the South Americans. Cacti that is...
Tony

Post by Tony »

Might as well put my name next on the list. :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

you can add me to the list too. Sorry I have been busy dealing with cooler issues, plants, watering, and of course trying to not melt. :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
CactusSquirrel

Post by CactusSquirrel »

Count me in. I should definitely have stuff to put in by August. Sounds like fun!
"Why are you always petting the cactuses?"
"I dunno, I just like to."