Let"s Start our ROUND ROBIN trade list! 2013

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Robb

Re: Let"s Start our ROUND ROBIN trade list! 2013

Post by Robb »

I wish I could participate... I guess that is one of the disadvantages of living in new Zealand :?. I know there are a few other new Zealanders floating around on the forums, If anyone is interested in the possibility of starting a round robin for NZ Pm me! :P
Buying a cactus a day will keep the madness away.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Robb - I see the EU's & Canadians have started their own Round Robin's now, seems like (with the beauty of the Internet) time for NZ to start theirs rolling! :D
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
majcka

Post by majcka »

hoteidoc wrote:Robb - I see the EU's & Canadians have started their own Round Robin's now, seems like (with the beauty of the Internet) time for NZ to start theirs rolling! :D
Really? We were talking much about starting it, but there just weren't many people interested. Everything is quiet now. ](*,)

Well maybe next year. =P~
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Sorry, Maja, saw the "talk" & assumed it was "a done deal" :oops:
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
majcka

Post by majcka »

hoteidoc wrote:Sorry, Maja, saw the "talk" & assumed it was "a done deal" :oops:
No. Only 3 or something like that was on the list. #-o
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

hendryterok

Post by hendryterok »

Robb wrote:I wish I could participate... I guess that is one of the disadvantages of living in new Zealand :?. I know there are a few other new Zealanders floating around on the forums, If anyone is interested in the possibility of starting a round robin for NZ Pm me! :P

Same with me Robb :(
Havent seen any Indonesian on this forum.....

Hendry
littlebluefish

Post by littlebluefish »

I am a little confused if those out of the USA wanna join and willing to pay the shipping cost why not join? I have bought things on ebay from New Zealand, and England and I just sent seeds to a friend in Japan and she sent me some. I feel bad for those feeling excluded. I know the cost is hefty well some consider it hefty but its still worth it to some of us just to have that bit of fun in our collections. My English plant cost me the most it was a nice haworthia straita... it was around $20. my seed shipments cost me under $4. (NZ and Japan). Might I suggest sending seeds out of country might be a way to include everyone.

I have a few plain haworthia and plain gasteria I could add. If its not to late to join. I expect to have way too many hosta egans seeds also here shortly.. not a cacti i know...lol

I think most people misunderstand or maybe it's me. But I found out that if your only mailing under 3 maybe 5 plants out of the US or into.. Those photo and cities papers are not needed. Those are for mostly for larger commercial shipments. ( This I learned from the British Nursery who ships small orders to the US often and for decades. )

I bet I opened a can of words with that...
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

I've never tried entire plants, but seeds can "slip" thru. My understanding -- which could be wrong -- is ANY plants, commercial or private, could/would be confiscated. Harald, who's on this forum, works for a U.S. agency (Dept of Ag? -- sorry Harald, have never caught that info) @ the Texas border, that regularly confiscates plants. I have "slipped" a few O. humifusa pads to neighbors to the North & South -- but really wouldn't recommend. :-k Clarification of that would be interesting. Seems long-time members frequently apologize for not having "Papers" for shipping overseas. :(