L. Margaretae Seedlings

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
NasMo

L. Margaretae Seedlings

Post by NasMo »

Hello! This is my first post on the forum, since I now have some questions which I don't think my common sense or an internet search could solve :P

I started these eight L. Margaretae seedlings in June 2016, and they have now reached their third pair of leaves. Throughout the winter I did keep them fairly dry just as I would with lithops, however I did give them a bit of water every now and then when the lower leaves were shriveled because I know that these plants like to sustain more than two leaf pairs.
IMG_2180 (1).jpg
IMG_2180 (1).jpg (77.6 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
My problem is that I do not really know what to do now regarding watering. Should they be watered this spring and summer only when the newest pair of leaves is shriveled or when the old leaves become wrinkled?

Also, the new leaf pair on the largest plant in the middle actually got so big that it tore through the old leaf pair, is it ok if they shrivel into nothing like lithops leaves or is it a goner?

Thanks, and I would appreciate any other general advice!
mmcavall

Re: L. Margaretae Seedlings

Post by mmcavall »

Sorry I can't help you. But probably the watering schedule will depend on your location. Maybe you can provide this info so others can help you better. Anyway your seedlings are looking very healthy!