Re-Potting Day!

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Kattatonic

Re-Potting Day!

Post by Kattatonic »

Got around to re-potting the rest of my succulents that were still in nursery pots. They look so much better now.
I know winter is coming, but lucky for me we don't really get winter here.
Temperatures might reach 38F in December-January at night, but that's the most extreme.
IMG_5796.JPG
IMG_5796.JPG (90.75 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
hablu

Re: Re-Potting Day!

Post by hablu »

You have a bunch of nice looking plants there!
Repotting at this moment is maybe not the best, but maybe you get away with it.
What worries more is that - to me - all / most pots seem much to big for the plants.
Maybe another session is possible and get smaller pots??
harry
Kattatonic

Post by Kattatonic »

I still have at least a month of warm weather here, so hopefully these will be fine after re-potting. I was a little wary about re-potting so late in the season, but i feel like i have a very hospitable climate for succulents at most times of the year.

I had moved these plants from smaller pots into the larger pots because i see growth potential for these specific plants.
I felt i was doing a disservice by keeping them in such small quarters. I think that all of these will grow into the larger pots nicely.

Will be sure to update as i see these guys settle into their new pots. I appreciate your insight!
keith

Post by keith »

If you don't use gravel on the top of your soil how do you keep the dirt from floating away ? BTW I like the colors of your plants very cool when they grow into their pots post again
Kattatonic

Post by Kattatonic »

I've used gravel on a few in the past, but for what ever reason i have difficulty keeping it in the pots and on the top.
Might consider some for the windy season though.