Lithops

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
keith

Re: Lithops

Post by keith »

Lowes Lithops out of the Pot. Look Ok to me ? 3.00 bucks pretty cheap I guess they are common and guess they are named Lithops aucampiae ? the label said "stone faces" water when dry.

See what happens I put them in my new mostly pumice and red brick colored gravel mix. Which I think is way too porous for tiny conophytum seedlings.
Attachments
lowes Lithops
lowes Lithops
IMG_2894.JPG (73.02 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
In Pot
In Pot
IMG_2893.JPG (60.62 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
out of pot
out of pot
IMG_2895.JPG (102.19 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
New pot
New pot
IMG_2901.JPG (96.7 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
iann

Post by iann »

L. pseudotruncatella and L. aucampiae. Can't tell what the babies are yet, but looks like most of them will have yellow flowers.
--ian
Rod Smith

Post by Rod Smith »

keith wrote:One of my old Lithops flowering don't know what species? I have a yellow flowering Lithop also but it flowers later. Probably done watering for the rest of the year. I water them just like my cactus.
I don't like to disagree with Iann's ID as he has been growing Lithops for far longer than I have, but could this be L karasmontana? The flower looks right and what you can see of the leaves they have the indistinct pattern and undulations of some karasmontana plants.
Cactus enthusiast on and off since boyhood. I have a modest collection of cacti & succulents.
iann

Post by iann »

Rod Smith wrote:
keith wrote:One of my old Lithops flowering don't know what species? I have a yellow flowering Lithop also but it flowers later. Probably done watering for the rest of the year. I water them just like my cactus.
I don't like to disagree with Iann's ID as he has been growing Lithops for far longer than I have, but could this be L karasmontana? The flower looks right and what you can see of the leaves they have the indistinct pattern and undulations of some karasmontana plants.
We might be talking about different plants. The one showing white flowers I guessed at L. salicola, but it is hard to tell with so little of the leaves showing. L. karasmontana tends to have more strongly coloured pollen, but that isn't a lot to go on. The first plant in the next post, with the cracked leaves, I don't think I even saw. Might be L. karasmontana if it had a white flower.
--ian
keith

Post by keith »

Lihops
Lihops
IMG_lihops.jpg (158.24 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
Lithops still alive, and didn't go dormant.
keith

Post by keith »

when do I start watering Lithops again, already started with the cactus. So far my bigger lithops are half way out of the old leaves but the old leaves are still kinda succulent not completely dried out like paper.

I don't remember what I did before when I just had two lithops ? And these little ones I'm not watering them too much but not full drought either sort of a bottom water once and awhile.

My conophytums a few are already dead looking husks the other ones are normal looking. I moved the dried up ones in filtered sunlight and no water at all, if I didn't know better I would say they are dead. . maybe they are ? ](*,)