Lithops in october

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Vanzily

Lithops in october

Post by Vanzily »

I´m very happy to see more than one lithops make flowers this season. The lithops is my favorite mesembs, but, because I´m growing cactus to, and really hard to find seeds. Unfortunalety, I have only a few adults. So let´s see if I can make hybrids. And increase my collection in the future :D
Attachments
Lithops pseudotruncatella
Lithops pseudotruncatella
lithops 1.jpeg (57.24 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops dorotheae
Lithops dorotheae
lithops 2.jpeg (66.72 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops ssp. Bought as lithops bromfieldii in Conos-paradise, now I´m not shure what can be
Lithops ssp. Bought as lithops bromfieldii in Conos-paradise, now I´m not shure what can be
lithops 3.jpeg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops mix, from Mesagarden. 2 and half years old
Lithops mix, from Mesagarden. 2 and half years old
lithops 4.jpeg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops mix, from Conos-paradise. 2 and half years old.<br />The next ones have one and half years old
Lithops mix, from Conos-paradise. 2 and half years old.
The next ones have one and half years old
lithops 5.jpeg (69.16 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops lesliei albinica
Lithops lesliei albinica
lithops 6.jpeg (117.08 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops julii
Lithops julii
lithops 7.jpeg (94.95 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops salicola
Lithops salicola
lithops 8.jpeg (102.75 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Lithops lesliei
Lithops lesliei
lithops 9.jpeg (108.05 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
And one cross between pseudotruncatella and dorotheae, let´s see what happen. The fruit are making more bigger
And one cross between pseudotruncatella and dorotheae, let´s see what happen. The fruit are making more bigger
lithops 10.jpeg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Pushrestart

Re: Lithops in october

Post by Pushrestart »

Cute lithops!!! Are you growing them in pure lava rock (scoria) ? ...
Vanzily

Post by Vanzily »

Pushrestart wrote:Cute lithops!!! Are you growing them in pure lava rock (scoria) ? ...
Have one small part aquarium gravel, humus and normal soil. I will try to remove the humus on the next repot, because is not necesary
iann

Post by iann »

"L. bromfieldii" might be L. halii, or maybe L. julii.

Lithops hybrids are difficult and not very rewarding. Most species don't cross and the ones that do usually make muddy intermediates, or semi-fluorescent weaklings. Occasionally something interesting shows up, but you'll need a hard heart to face self-pollinated plants, sterile seed, seedlings that die, and poor results that need to be killed. Crosses are easier if the flower colour is the same. The YWC group are particularly easy to cross with eachother, but crosses between different flower colours are potentially more interesting if only you can make them.
--ian
Vanzily

Post by Vanzily »

iann wrote:"L. bromfieldii" might be L. halii, or maybe L. julii.

Lithops hybrids are difficult and not very rewarding. Most species don't cross and the ones that do usually make muddy intermediates, or semi-fluorescent weaklings. Occasionally something interesting shows up, but you'll need a hard heart to face self-pollinated plants, sterile seed, seedlings that die, and poor results that need to be killed. Crosses are easier if the flower colour is the same. The YWC group are particularly easy to cross with eachother, but crosses between different flower colours are potentially more interesting if only you can make them.
Now with the flowers Im shure that is a julii form. And please, don´t make more frustrated, I know. I have only this adults lithops. I look very hard find lithops seeds. I only want have more seeds to sow and have more lithops in my collection