Rhodiola integrifolia

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
iann

Rhodiola integrifolia

Post by iann »

You won't see this succulent very often. It survives in my garden but is too small to be attractive and goes dormant when it gets hot and dry. In a pot it is a bit nicer but hardly a show-stopper.
integrifolia-0703a.jpg
integrifolia-0703a.jpg (58.12 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Here it is a with a small Delosperma for scale.
integrifolia-0703b.jpg
integrifolia-0703b.jpg (97.04 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
--ian
forests-of-fire

Re: Rhodiola integrifolia

Post by forests-of-fire »

I don't know - it made me gasp and go "oh my goodness, I want 50 of them!" ;) So maybe a bit of a show-stopper for me.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Never heard of that plant but the flowers looks interesting. So the plant can handle the cold and snow?

Mark
7george

Post by 7george »

Mark wrote:Never heard of that plant but the flowers looks interesting. So the plant can handle the cold and snow?

Mark
This plant (ledge stonecrop, rose-root) can be very cold hardy, esp. Rhodiola integrifolia Raf. subsp. integrifolia, that grows even in Alaska.
http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=RHIN11#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is smaller but still attractive to me. My tiny garden plants went dormant already.

Here is a photo of some local mountain dwellers that I took last month during a hike along the trail.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Mark

Post by Mark »

Interesting plants. Thanks guys!

Mark