Pleiospilos nelli and P. Royal Flush question

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
adetheproducer

Re: Pleiospilos nelli and P. Royal Flush question

Post by adetheproducer »

So strang you have problems with these. I find them easy water once a week in spring until I can see the next set of leaves then stop until the outside leaves have withered away then back to watering once a week until autumn/winter sets in and dry out through the winter.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

No. I buy nothing that comes from a commercial grower. They are well cultivated plants.
Luckily I haven't killed my four year old seedlings. It only happens with mature plants.

My soil is a mixture of half clayish loam and half rocks. Nothing else. It dries out quite fast, so it cannot be root due to moist (well, not in all occasions).
iann

Post by iann »

Watering in very hot conditions could be a problem but not usually in Europe. Well not northern Europe anyway. Maybe if you kept it in a very stuffy greenhouse. In my well ventilated greenhouse they thrive in the summer sun, although I don't force water on them in a heatwave.
--ian
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

iann wrote:Maybe if you kept it in a very stuffy greenhouse.
Nope. I keep four windows open (I put bricks below the glass to keep it a 10-15 centimeters height gap for ventilation) on opposite sites from March to late November, 24 hours of every day.