What to do?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
ShaheerNiazi

What to do?

Post by ShaheerNiazi »

This is happening to my succulnts? shld I leave it or should I seperate the two limbs above it and propagate them?
KittieKAT

Re: What to do?

Post by KittieKAT »

What is it a baby toe plant *fenestria, excuse spelling phone sucks*, if it is I'd say leave it, I haven't had much luck propping from it cause you need a large enough stem piece connected to the cutting for it to grow roots, it should be fine, mine has dead leaves all over it with its new ones growing outta the old papery shells.
ShaheerNiazi

Post by ShaheerNiazi »

its a type of malephora...
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

The soil looks pretty heavy and wet. You even have moss growing, which is a sign of too much water. You should repot it into a better draining mix with a lot of inorganic material (like pumice). Based on that picture it looks like the stem is dead in that brown section, but it looks like it might be ok below. So the side shoots should be fine. Cut off the top portion and stick the end in the soil (again I'm referring to a better mix than what you have) and hopefully it will reroot.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Ahrg, how did I forget to mention the soil I swear I thought i mentioned it, oh well thinking isn't always doing I guess, thank goodness saxicola said something, and thanks for the i.d
Prob be good to post a full plant picture too next time :)
fenestrane

Post by fenestrane »

Agree 100% with Saxicola. I would dry this plant for a few weeks (without soil), then plant it into 10% soil/90% grit, dry it for another week or two, and water thereafter twice a months. The cutting can be tried to root.
It is not even remotely related to Fenestraria (other than the same family).