Sick Crassula

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
KittieKAT

Re: Sick Crassula

Post by KittieKAT »

...something.
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

I gave the dead plant to local gardener, so I won't be able to get a picture of it. It can't be caused by freezing either, because I keep them in my room (23°C). I'll try to get the dead plant back, so you can seen it. So, thank you for now. I'll be back with more update later.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Just have him take a few pictures of it too sends to you to post on here, the roots without soil in it, and soil mix it's in
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

Well I asked him about the plant and he said, that he threw it away. So no pics sadly. Anyway, he told me that he saw these wounds before and it was caused by overwatering. He said that the plant must be in temperature of 17°C and not be water during winter at all.
So I will keep the plant in 23°C for a while, so the soil gets dry a bit and then I will put it in 17°C.
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

Výstřižek.PNG
Výstřižek.PNG (289.79 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Here is a pic of the soil mix, I use the same for my cactuses. Sorry for a small photo, but this forum doesn't allow me to upload a properly sized photo.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

A grower that actually threw a perfectly good jade away?!?!?! I've NEVER heard of such a thing! He could have propagated the leaves that were healthy to make new jade plant's or gave it back to you to do that. I water my succulents ever two weeks inn winter personally or they start looking dry and limp and there leaves start using energy too sustain the plant so they die off. Well. I Don't kno what's in your mix but it seems fine unless people say different I'm not to Good with course material judging, well Goodluck with they other plant's i guess.
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

Well the plant I gave to him was in really bad condition. It was the worst of tem (I got 4). It starts with top leaves and then the whole plant starts to die. The substrate should be fine, it is the best you can buy here. The mix consists of different kinds of peat, silica sand, dolomitic limestone, fine lava, clay, perlite and zeolite.
I actually tried leaf propagation and all just got rotten :D
By the way, what does the tattoo on your neck say? :wink:
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

How would u kno i have a tattoo on my neck?
Oooh derrr the mugshot post right? I didn't think my shirts where that low cut lol.
It says "dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow" its a James Dean quote i got in memory of my aunt who passed away of cancer she loved James Dean, and my birthday is on the same month and day that James dead got in the car reck and died and she used to always look at his picture and tell me how he died on the same day i was born, not the same year Thoe i only wish i lived in the 50's instead of this decade...
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

Same here. Great times with Presley, Martin and Sinatra. At least you live in USA. It's terrible here, gypsies all over the place and muslims are coming soon too.
Anyway, nice tattoo :wink:
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Don't get too nostalgic over the US in the 50s. While it's true it was a great time for music - you could actually sing along and not worry about the words offending your Grandmother - the day-to-day wasn't so great for everybody. If you were white, Protestant and male, you had it okay. Anybody else, maybe not so much. Bigotry was socially acceptable, as was bullying. Women were housewives, teachers and secretaries. (I remember a "Brain Teaser": A kid gets hurt and is rushed to the hospital. The surgeon says: "I can't operate! That's my son!" But surgeon isn't the kid's father! Wow! How can this be?) And heaven help you if you were LGBT. There weren't as many guns around - knives being the lowlife weapon of choice - so I guess it was generally safer (it's harder to be a mass murderer with a knife, after all). The streets were probably safer for little kids but riding in a 300-hp car without seatbelts or airbags could do you in pretty easily. And then there was the "Red Menace" and "Cold War". I remember school drills where you had to hide under your desk - presumably because plywood and formica could protect you from an Atomic Bomb blowing up nearby. Also, tattoos were for drunken sailors. And teenage hormones were bottled up so tightly, it's a wonder that no-one exploded. (Well, maybe they did, but it didn't make the papers.) On the plus side, you didn't feel the need to be in contact with everyone else in the world 24/7/365... All in all, as I think back, it wasn't bad time but I wouldn't call it "great", either. Unless you're just talking about the music?
Every day, after supper, Granny walks two miles. We haven't seen her in years.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Ha ha bruce, i don't think there's ever been a time in the world without something or someone to cause treachery and tragedy and destruction and pain. ..Thoe I'm sure the dinosaurs didn't have to deal with kids wearing saggy pants with there butt hanging out yet they still wear a belt (?) ....then again There weren't any clothes so idk why they would even care lol!
Simpler times weren't as simple as they seemed but the future doesn't seem to be getting much better other then we have phones that can do EVERYTHING that we once needed several things for. The one thing i do like about the days far in the past is that people lived in a time where things that got broken where fixed, instead of thrown away...and that goes for things and people and relationships.

Ihavenoidea, my friend was in Czech republic and he would tell me about the gypsies begging for stuff and stealing, and my bf would tell me the same stories about when he grew up in Russia/ Ukraine - we don't have gypsies but we have thugs and gangsters and junkies and dealers and homeless and the hungry, people abuse the system and let others suffer, they say America has freedom, but sometimes i feel i have yet to see IT! - there is no place any better then each other because if the people don't want it to be it never will be, and sadly they NEVER take responsibility for their actions to realize that they have to change to create a better world we live in just as much as everyone else does.

And thoe i wasn't really talking about the era in music, i was most certainly thinking about the era of how handsome the men where and howbeautiful the woman! James Dean, Marilyn Monroe...yatta..yatta..yatta..

Well go cCRAZY if we keep going on!
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

sdgfgh
Last edited by IHaveNoIdea on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Like i said yr gypsies are just like are "thugs" and yet we are racist for helping them out every chance we get.
A white cop shoots a black man wielding a knife its racism a black guy rapes abs kills a young white woman, she was asking for IT. I don't understand this world anymore, and itsnot like i condone cops shooting innocent people cause a lot of people were shot unjustly, but it shouldn't be about white cops shooting black people it should be about cops shooting unarmed pple in general.
Everything is the white man's fault, but they forget that the white man is usually the one who helps them in the end.
My mother lives in the ghetto and i teach gardening to children down their and its horrible how the people collect outta being lazy yet drive nice new cars and i can barley afford a sandwich for lunch.
This is the world we live in, somethings gotta give...but i don't kno when , and I'm pretty sure it will be the wrong thing to give up.
HarryUpNorth

Post by HarryUpNorth »

I thought this thread was about sick crassula, instead it is getting a bit crass.
IHaveNoIdea

Post by IHaveNoIdea »

Well at least we discuss something. Not many posts here these days.