How many species can you spot?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
iann

How many species can you spot?

Post by iann »

This is my grab-bag tray of seedlings that got blown away in a storm. How many do you know?
conophytums-1002.jpg
conophytums-1002.jpg (107.41 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
--ian
fenestrane

Re: How many species can you spot?

Post by fenestrane »

8?
Astro

Post by Astro »

Very nice Cono pot luck!

Unfortunately my track record shows I'm better at frying Conos than at growing them... Maybe I'll recognize them when scorched properly? Anyway, I think I see a bilobum (one of the umpteen lookalikes, reminds me very strongly of my antonii specimen) and one obcordellum (wittebergense?). The rest look familiar to different degrees, but no names come to mind immediately.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Astro wrote:The rest look familiar to different degrees, but no names come to mind immediately.
I think I see Conophytum stephanii and Conophytum pellucidum. And maybe a Conophytum maughanii?
iann

Post by iann »

8 is in the ballpark. Now then, do the different forms of C. luckhoffii and C. pelludidum each count as one species?

Without going back to the tray, I'm pretty sure those bilobes are C. meyeri, which has been called C. bilobum 'Minor".

Lots of correct suggestions, but no C. maughanii. Are you looking at the shiny C. pellucidum with the white flower? Not quite so choice as C. maughanii, almost a weed!
--ian
Jo

Post by Jo »

I can spot a nice C.minimum "wittebergense" and C.pellucidum with particularly well defined cross on tops, probably something terricolor-ish? :?:
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

iann wrote: Lots of correct suggestions, but no C. maughanii. Are you looking at the shiny C. pellucidum with the white flower? Not quite so choice as C. maughanii, almost a weed!
Indeed the one with the white flower. Looked big in comparison to the others. But the markings already looked a bit off.
iann

Post by iann »

Jo wrote:I can spot a nice C.minimum "wittebergense" and C.pellucidum with particularly well defined cross on tops, probably something terricolor-ish? :?:
Indeed. R&Y1607, a very nice form of var terricolor.
--ian