E. Gorgonis Problem

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Sundewd

E. Gorgonis Problem

Post by Sundewd »

I have a mature E. Gorgonis that I am overwatering on an indoor shelf facing a south window. I've been keeping it dry all winter because I have lost a few other outdoor euphorbia to harsher than normal conditions this year and didn't want to risk any of my rarer specimens. It's done well up until recently when some of the lower arms have begun to yellow and wilt away over a few weeks. Usually I just snip them off. I know it is normal for them to lose some arms over time but I am wondering if possibly I should give it a bit of water since some euphorbias can lose limbs from drought. This Is my first medusoid so trying to learn all I can about it. Thank you.

C And D

Re: E. Gorgonis Problem

Post by C And D »

If it's inside, you should water it heavy now, let it dry out, then water every couple weeks.

Euphorbias will not go completely dormant if it's warm through the winter

You should include your home location along with your avatar, so we can provide better information since we would know where you live.

It makes a big difference if you live in So. Cal. or Maine.
Check out our plant and seed lists
http://www.CandDplants.com

Craig and Denise Fry
coldcactusmontreal

Post by coldcactusmontreal »

Is this true for all Euphorbias? I've had my losses, I had a E. enoplia totally die from semi regular watering. Though it was already quite etiolated (someone gave me the plant). I have a E. grandicornis that I just don't want to deal with so I'm not watering it.
coldcactusmontreal

Post by coldcactusmontreal »

How did it go for your plant? I got a medusoid, repotted it, waited a week, and then watered it, now a few arms are yellowing. They seem to be the lower ones and skinny ones at that. So I'm not entirely worried.