Ibervillea tenuisecta

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Mark

Ibervillea tenuisecta

Post by Mark »

Does anybody grow Ibervillea tenuisecta? I was looking over the Mesa Garden seed list and saw this plant. I searched around and couldn't find that much information. It says that the plant grows in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Thanks for any help!

Mark
John C

Re: Ibervillea tenuisecta

Post by John C »

I just looked up that plant on google images. This may sound stupid, or it may not...

... it looks eerily similar to our newly acquired Kedrostris africana. :-k This is a totally new plant "territory" for me. I have practically no knowledge about these kind of caudiciforms, however I am thoroughly confused now. I can't find much info about our plant, and you are looking for info for a similar looking plant - yet supposedly these two similar plants come from opposite sides of the planet... :-k

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places for info. I see that mesa has both Ibervillea and Kedrostris listed separately, but doesn't give enough of a description for a distinction between the two.
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
tumamoc

Post by tumamoc »

One of the best places I've found for info on caudiciforms is here: http://www.bihrmann.com/caudiciforms/. I'm not familiar with this species, but my wife has a really nice Ibervillea sonorae :D .
Mark

Post by Mark »

They both do look the same John! Very strange.

Thanks Tumamoc, I will check that website out.

Thanks guys!

Mark