Help, wrinkled lithops

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
MagiCarpus

Help, wrinkled lithops

Post by MagiCarpus »

I transplanted this Lithops julii v. fulleri a month ago in gravel, charcoal, and potting soil. This particular one started showing wrinkles 1-2 days after transplanting. I thought this is just the initial shock of being repotted into a new medium.

I let it stayed dry for the first 2 weeks then watered it (drench then drain). Well, it still remained wrinkled, but didn't turn into mush, so I reckoned it must be taking its time to readjust. 2 weeks since the first watering, I decided to water it again given that the other individual of the same species in the same pot has flowered, and that was about a day ago. AND IT'S STILL WRINKLED ](*,) . What baffles me is that all the other plants in the same pot are doing just fine!

The last thing I want is to wake up and find it rotted. I would really love to hear the community's advice.

Wrinkled and shrivelled :?

It's neighbour are fine and flowering
I suck at identification :dontknow:
Kattatonic

Re: Help, wrinkled lithops

Post by Kattatonic »

Very strange that the others in the same pot are doing well...
MagiCarpus

Post by MagiCarpus »

I meant to share this update earlier, but I thought I wait a couple more days to see if anything changes.

I am please to say that the lithops has made a full recovery since the last post, I think it just took its time to reestablish its roots. 3 days ago when I watered them, it plumped up drastically and sent out numerous roots through the drainage hole, just in the span of a couple days, it was an amazing sight. :D

As you can see, the wrinkles appear much shallower, and the leaves have elevated themselves from the gravel surface.
I suck at identification :dontknow:
iann

Post by iann »

Looks fine. Don't water any more, you might be surprised how long it keeps expanding when you thought the soil must be dry already.
--ian