kids in my prog. lithops withering away...why?

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
KittieKAT

Re: kids in my prog. lithops withering away...why?

Post by KittieKAT »

Iann.. Idk how they could have rotted they were fine up until they were drying up their skins at the very end idk it was just very strange how they went from looking like this (1st picture below) to what yr seeing above in my last post.. Idk i think they got some kinda moisture that gave them some kinda problem between the skin that was shrivling up to dry and the new body.. I personally can't really explain it but ive never seen anything like it thats why i was stumped... I wish i could describe how it looks while its deflating better then i can. Its like they arent soft they just feel like the insides have dried up from the middle down to the bottom and then finally the top.

K.w - i don't usually give my lithops much water during winter i stop and hold out around october/september or until the flower dries up and dies then give them water a few squirts until i notice the bodies starting to emerge then i hold off until after their old skins dry up and it suited my 5 lithops pretty well.. Then this winter i moved and i started to get my plants in the new sunporch im renovating for the kids but it was just very tough the weather was NOT in our favor for quite some time...but it was super strange what was happening cause if their was a 2 headed lithop only 1 would deflate and the other would be fine and it only seems to be happening to the plants that i hadn't removed all their paper skins....its just another annoyance in my life :(

I kno light and temp arent the problem... I dont think water was an issue.. I think it was outta my control like life is sometimes. We'll eventually get more but i wanna figure out what could have happened.. I looked for pests and couldnt find any. My material cant be that bad its coarse but its pretty airy the stones are very light weight and the perlite helps create air pockets.
If i figure anything else out I'll post it
Thanks
Attachments
From this
From this
1433997382034.jpg (41.34 KiB) Viewed 758 times
To this
To this
1433997641726.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 758 times