Pachyphytum Oviferum dropping leaves

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
pulp

Pachyphytum Oviferum dropping leaves

Post by pulp »

Hi! I have 3 pachyphytum oviferum and they are not looking very good. Dropping leaves and turning a bit black, some stems having dropped all leaves. I really love this plant and it took ages for me to find one. I read that they can be rooted from leaves but haven't succeded, the leaves just turn black and crumple. Can I save this somehow? :(

Anna
iann

Re: Pachyphytum Oviferum dropping leaves

Post by iann »

Probably overwatered, which causes leaf drop. Black might even mean it has rotted. You can root leaves, but it is easier with healthy plump ones. Don't try watering them until the roots come. Even then it can take a while for a new rosette to grow.
--ian
pulp

Post by pulp »

Yes, might be so. I have had my succulents resting over winter without water but I caught my mother watering some time ago, no idea how much she had been watering. I put the dropped off leaves on a plate, maybe some of them will turn out ok.
7george

Post by 7george »

Short days, lack o f light might cause this. My plants keep just a small bunch at the very top, others drop all the time.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
pulp

Post by pulp »

Ah. Well yes they do have lack of light here, living in Sweden so the winter isn't too good on them. I took the plants out of their pot to dry a bit, putting them in a clay pot instead so they won't be too roughly watered.