Echeveria not looking too bright

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
aurelie.

Echeveria not looking too bright

Post by aurelie. »

Hey! I have an echeveria (according to the lvoely ppl who helped me on the succulant ID forum it is aither a Echeveria lilacina or Echeveria secunda). It is in a pot with a crassula ocata 'gollum' and is nto looking great. When I got it it was in flower and all the leves were nicley stacked. Now the levels have widened and it even started bending towards the window. Also the leaves at the bottom strate dturning a bit black and haveing large black spots (like burnt). I asusm it was lack on light, as leaning towards the window would seem to indicate. I also thought it might have too much water. Moved it to be in front of sun and in a warmer room to dry it a bit, and now its lost its black leaves. The soil is completely bone dry for about 4 cm (1.6in). I have now moved to a colder room (11°C, 51°F), again next to the window and hope it will do better.
Does anyone have any better ideas? The crassula got mealybugs this summer and the echeveria was somewhat affected too, but didn't seem as bad.
Here are photos!
Attachments
Echeveria lilacina or Echeveria secunda (previously glauca) 1.JPG
Echeveria lilacina or Echeveria secunda (previously glauca) 1.JPG (32.54 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Echeveria lilacina 2.JPG
Echeveria lilacina 2.JPG (34.1 KiB) Viewed 983 times
The crassula that is sharing its pot!
The crassula that is sharing its pot!
Crassula ovata 'Gollum'.JPG (48.89 KiB) Viewed 983 times
majcka

Re: Echeveria not looking too bright

Post by majcka »

Deffinitely too much water ant too low light for Echeveria.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

KittieKAT

Re: Echeveria not looking too bright

Post by KittieKAT »

I agree, u need to use a better mix and slowly adjust the plants to stronger light over a period of a week or so to ensure it won't get scorched.