Help with my succulent

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
musypea

Help with my succulent

Post by musypea »

Hi,

I have had this succulent for about a year and a half and it has been healthy and growing up until now. I've recently moved into a new apartment and the succulent has started to wilt. My apartment is fairly warm with the heat on now. I am not sure if this is effecting it though.

I have it planted in a terrarium in a south facing window (my only option). The soil is a bit loose but provides a good amount of drainage. I have done some research but cannot tell if I am overwatering or underwatering, I am sure it is one of these two. The soil is also fairly dry so it might be possible that it is sucking up the water away from the plant.

I've transfered it over to it's own pot now and the seemingly healthy pedals are starting to fall off.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

KittieKAT

Re: Help with my succulent

Post by KittieKAT »

This tends to happen to mine if i under water it, thoe it happens sometimes just because. Usually they turn yellow if i over water it Then fall off. I'm thinking you should repot in a 50/50 mix of sifted(they grate or a small pots drainage holes of heavy material) cacti abs succulent mix and perlite equal parts, and don't water for a well or two to let the roots heal and get adjusted.
Others will surely chime in to help you out