Some issue with a Stapelia

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
mikelattanzi

Some issue with a Stapelia

Post by mikelattanzi »

Hi everyone!

I am having some problem with a Stapelia (I do not know with is the spice because I never saw its flower), I have it since two months ago, it looks healthy but due to some problem it never finish to bloom, try and try and try... but never opened a single flower.

Here the summer is ending and will start the fall in three days but the weather is not so bad and the temperature is about 18ºC and the Stapelia has around 5 hours of plenty sun.

The saplings never open... they grow until they are huge, then start to become smaller and smaller and develop some kind of "pest" outside, as you can see on picture number 2.

Has anyone some idea or clue about this?, Am I doing something wrong?, what is needed to change?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Mike
greenknight

Re: Some issue with a Stapelia

Post by greenknight »

It looks rather root-bound. In hot weather they can use plenty of water, maybe it's drying out too much and that's causing the flowers to abort.
Spence :mrgreen:
mikelattanzi

Post by mikelattanzi »

Hi greenknight!... I think you're right!... in the past 4 days I water it more and put it with direct sunlight for more time during the day time and this is the result!, thanks a lot!!!

Mike
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

You're welcome - glad to hear it worked.
Spence :mrgreen: