ID help for new member

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
samreu

ID help for new member

Post by samreu »

Hello to all on CG - I am new to the site.
I am located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - where today the weather is a nasty -40C - for those in the US that's a truly miserable -40F - not life friendly to mammal or plant life.
I am returning to collecting succ and cacti after a very long absence - the last 30 years or so I have been focused on fish keeping and that kept me challenged and intrigued. I was active in clubs and attended many "fish conventions" along the way, across Canada and the US. I know one of the well respected ichtyologists in our hobby (cichlids especially) is Ad Konings who I met many times at conventions, is also an avid cactus lover along with his wife from what I can gather.
I recently gave up fishkeeping and my many tanks/fish (mostly south-American fish the last few years) to try some new hobbies and I have landed back with an interest in cacti and succulents/gardening/and music collecting/audio.

I just started in the fall with 6-8 plants - haworthia, sedums, gasteria and echeveria and hope to get active again in the spring.
I have 1 plant I am unsure of and need help with an ID - not sure if it is a faucaria?? or a haworthia?? or neither.
I hope the pic is good enough for ID - the height of this specimen is currently about 6 inches or 15cm.

Your help would be appreciated.
I look forward to learning on this site.
Attachments
Succ3.jpg
Succ3.jpg (144.22 KiB) Viewed 870 times
coldcactusmontreal

Re: ID help for new member

Post by coldcactusmontreal »

Aloe Juvenna?
samreu

Post by samreu »

Well coldcactusmontreal, that sure looks like a match- I would have never guessed aloe but from what I can see , pretty big genus with a large species count. Thanks for the ID, helps me out.
Keep warm in Montreal - you're down low on the thermometer with us in Ottawa !!
But the days are getting longer :)
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Ditto. ALoe juvenna.
majcka

Post by majcka »

Samreu, you got your ID right.

Maybe you would considder to give her more light if possible. ImageIt is a bit elongated.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

samreu

Post by samreu »

its in my sunniest spot right now so hopefully it will meet the plants needs
tx