Aeonium?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
ElieEstephane

Aeonium?

Post by ElieEstephane »

Asked for a cutting and got the whole plant. What do you think is it? Aeonium maybe or some crassulate?
Thanks for any help!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Tofterigen

Re: Aeonium?

Post by Tofterigen »

If an Aeonium at all, than haworthii. It's so bushy! At first glimpse it looks like Euphorbia balsamifera. (Both plants from the Canary Islands)
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Tofterigen wrote:If an Aeonium at all, than haworthii. It's so bushy! At first glimpse it looks like Euphorbia balsamifera. (Both plants from the Canary Islands)
It's definitely an aeonium since flowers are on dead stems. A. Haworthii seems to fit!
Thanks Tofterigen!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Sedum palmeri seems to fit better.
eduart

Post by eduart »

Sedum palmeri was my first thought as well... however, the plant seems to be a bit too robust and I am also confused by the wooden stems.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

eduart wrote:Sedum palmeri was my first thought as well... however, the plant seems to be a bit too robust and I am also confused by the wooden stems.
I attributed the wooden stems to old age. The plant must be around 7-10 years old since it completely fills a 12" pot.
Most of the sedum rubrotinctom species found in nature here have hard wooden stems too.
Thanks for the reply!