The LAST identification request ... at least for now ...

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

The LAST identification request ... at least for now ...

Post by WayneByerly »

I bought two tiny succulents from the grocery store (of all places to buy a succulent) and I posted them here trying to get id's for them ... successfully identifying plants that I initially thought were Haworthias as what they actually were I might add.

And then I bought a third item and I am almost 100% certain that it is a Haworthia ... because of the appearance of the flowers. So here are four pictures of this most recent addition that hope that I can obtain a species name for.

1) this shows the entire plant with the branching flower stalk.
DSCF7813.JPG
DSCF7813.JPG (198.99 KiB) Viewed 623 times
2) a top view of (mostly) this most recent addition ... along with two others that I already have ID's for.
DSCF7814.JPG
DSCF7814.JPG (205.83 KiB) Viewed 623 times
3) side view.
DSCF7815.JPG
DSCF7815.JPG (198.81 KiB) Viewed 623 times
4) closeup side view showing detail of leaf speckles. depth of field is extremely limited for this degree of macro closeups ... sorry for the focus.
DSCF7816.JPG
DSCF7816.JPG (210.73 KiB) Viewed 623 times

And as always, thank you one and all for your responses, correct or not. They show how willing you all are to take the time out of your own busy day to try to help someone else.
teo

Re: The LAST identification request ... at least for now ...

Post by teo »

Have a look at H. attenuata forms.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Re: The LAST identification request ... at least for now ...

Post by WayneByerly »

teo wrote:Have a look at H. attenuata forms.
Oh WOW!!! Thanks for the tip. With that tip I was able to find a number of specimens that looked SO close to the pictures I had taken. A good number of the specimens "found" were what appeared to be the common Haworthia "Zebra" when using that search criteria. The "hits" that I found that matched closely were labeled ...

Haworthia attenuata
Haworthia attenuata var radula (this item was the most commonly found "match")
Haworthia attenuata forma britteniae
Haworthia attenuata var glabra
Haworthia attenuata (fine dotted form)

... any one of which could be the same as what I posted my question about. So thanks teo ... your assistance was invaluable in helping me find a number of possibilities. The var radula was the most common that I found (along with "fine dotted form"), so I think I'll stick with the "radula" ... at least until I find a more apt "match".
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a