Need a name to this baby

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
sucti2016

Need a name to this baby

Post by sucti2016 »

I have tried looking under echeveria but no luck. I don't know where to go from there. Help me ID this pls...wanted to know if it is hardy before it can go into my garden. I'm in zone 7b.
Thank you in advance for any input so I can go from there.
Attachments
OI000159.jpg
OI000159.jpg (43.75 KiB) Viewed 792 times
sucti2016

Re: Need a name to this baby

Post by sucti2016 »

Is this what they call the Moonglow? Guess it isn't hardy. I can't confirm a name and not much info at all. :(
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

There are so many Echeveria species and hybrids that identifying an unnamed plant can be very difficult. Many can stand some frost, but zone 7b would be a stretch. They are pretty easy to propagate from leaf cuttings, you could grow some extra plants to experiment with.
Spence :mrgreen:
sucti2016

Post by sucti2016 »

Wow, that's a pretty awesome suggestion. Problem is I have very bad luck with propagation. They'll root alright. They'll even grow tiny lil leaves. But thus far (I'm into my third month experience with succulents), they would shrivel and wither after growing into nice plump lil things! I haven't moved them or do something different. I'm so devastated to find this morning one of my best looking baby just dwindled away over night. These were leaves that dropped. I haven't yet venture into deliberate ppg.