Haworthia ID

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
oldcat61

Haworthia ID

Post by oldcat61 »

Most of my plants are cacti & I know very little about other succulents. This poor baby was with some cactus that needed a home, so it came along too. Had been in blazing sun without much water. Re-potted & now in dappled shade. Beginning to look better, a bit of green thru the purple. Can't quite key it down with confidence. Is Haworthia coarctata a possibility? Any tips on care will be appreciated. Thanks, Sue
Attachments
HangingHaworthiaClose.jpg
HangingHaworthiaClose.jpg (43.24 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
HangingHaworthiacoarctata.jpg
HangingHaworthiacoarctata.jpg (57.47 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
greenknight

Re: Haworthia ID

Post by greenknight »

Yes, I would say coarctata. Quite variable species.
Spence :mrgreen:
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

Thanks - any tips to bring it back to health?
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

It is healthy, just very bronzed. It's a Haworthia, there's not much to it - keep it in light shade, and don't over-water it. They tend to go dormant in the heat of Summer, it may need no water right now, depending on the weather.

Also, during Summer dormancy they often renew their root system - the old roots dry up, and they grow new ones. If you find that it's lost its roots, don't worry, just hold off watering until it's grown new roots.
Spence :mrgreen:
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

Thanks greenknight. It has a few tiny new offsets starting, so I think it will be OK. Sue