Help ID this Collection

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
PachyRich

Help ID this Collection

Post by PachyRich »

Got this for my birthday from a friend. I recognize the Elephant Bush and the Aloe Vera (probably), but there are two others I don't know. Can anyone help?

Follow up: Should I keep them together or break them apart?
image.jpg
image.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
PachyRich

Re: Help ID this Collection

Post by PachyRich »

I think I've got the lower left ID'd as Kalanchoe Marmorata. Now all I need is the finger-like plant that looks like Senecio Serpens (which it could be except for the coloration).
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

I agree on the Kalanchoe ID. Can you take a picture of the blue plant from the side? It is probably some sort of Crassulaceae.

There is no way you can keep them in the same pot. The Portulacaria can become a 8 foot tall bush. My K. mamorata is about 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall, and my Aloe vera is 2.5 feet tall with more offsets than I can count and has spread over about a 3' diameter itself. Virtually no mixed pot of succulents you see for sale is intended to be grown together for more than a few months to a year at most.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Right, and they're already really crowded. I think they've reached the end of the period they can comfortably grow together in that pot, they need to be split up.
Spence :mrgreen:
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

Yes, Portulacaria afra & a variegated one (Elephant Bush)
Could be Aloe vera v. chinensis
Yes, Kalanchoe marmorata
Cotyledon 'White Sprite'
Rosemarie
PachyRich

Post by PachyRich »

Thank you all for your input!

Here's a better pic of the blue crass.

Just so happens I saw it in a nursery today. It was labeled Cotyledon "Chalk Fingers" Looking on the web, I see it also may be "Lady Fingers", but "White Sprite" looks better yet. Scientific name looks like C. Orbiculata v. Oblanga, but not 100% sure. By any name it's striking.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.55 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

It is not clear which variety of Cotyledon orbiculata it is derived from, but its cultivar name is 'White Sprite'. It is not a Crassula. :)
Rosemarie
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Rosemarie wrote:It is not clear which variety of Cotyledon orbiculata it is derived from, but its cultivar name is 'White Sprite'. It is not a Crassula. :)
He may have called it a "Crass" because I said it was some sort of Crassulaceae before you came along and more accurately identified it. Just to clarify to the OP or anyone else that might not understand, we were both correct but Rosemary was much more precise in her identification while I just put it to family.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

Thanks for that clarification, Kyle. I should've caught that misinterpretation. :) All is good!
Rosemarie