Help identifying two succulents?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
dazzlebean

Help identifying two succulents?

Post by dazzlebean »

Hello! My friend has a couple of succulents, and I want to propagate them, but I would like to know what kind they are first. Any help please?

They aren't very healthy looking so I don't know if that will create issues in identifying them but any help would be appreciated! :D
greenknight

Re: Help identifying two succulents?

Post by greenknight »

Yes ,they look like they've had inadequate light. The top one appear to have had very poor light in the past, but somewhat better light recently.

I'm not sure, but the top ones might be Graptopetalum paraguayense (Ghost Plant) - which is actually a trailing plant, though they have these staked up. A close-up of the new growth at the top might help verify the ID.

The bottom one looks like some kind of Echeveria which has gotten etiolated - stretched out due to poor light.
Spence :mrgreen:
eduart

Post by eduart »

First of all I would get rid of the translucent containers... in a moist, rich soil algae formation on the inner container walls becomes unavoidable... not good for the roots. Apart from the poor light conditions already mentioned, all plants seem to be over-watered and planted in a much too organic potting mix. Not good for succulents.

For the first I'd say Sedum nussbaumerianum, for the second Graptosedum 'Ghosty' (has yellowish flowers), which is a hybrid of Graptopetalum paraguayense. But largely this is guesswork as plants are atypical.
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

I'll say Sedum adolphi (as Eduart already indicated~S. nussbaumerianum has been reclassified). On the 2nd, more likley an xGraptoveria, with thin leaves like that.
Rosemarie
dazzlebean

Post by dazzlebean »

Thanks everyone for replying! Your help is much appreciated :)