Unsure

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Rampenfest

Unsure

Post by Rampenfest »

Hi all, please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but I put it here due to the fact that this plant I have most closely resembles a Euphorbia Obesa more than anything else I have found (as far as the "structure" goes, not the size/shape) I cannot figure out what this plant is. I did not get it from a nursery, but rather from my house and it has ben there for quite a while. My family does not know what it is and I am really trying to figure it out. Also, if anyone could give me insight what the brown at the bottom is I would appreciate it. I do not think it is rot, because it feels very hard and wood-like, not soft and mushy and it has been in the high, very dry Arizona desert for the last few months and only watered twice. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Rosemarie

Re: Unsure

Post by Rosemarie »

Looks like Euphorbia polygona 'Snowflake' (without any of the thorns I think you sometimes see). The browning could be some corking (maybe what it's called on cactus, not sure).
Rosemarie
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Might be polygona or horrida, maybe anoplia. See this thread - viewtopic.php?t=11739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks to me like it could use a little more shade.
Spence :mrgreen:
Rampenfest

Post by Rampenfest »

Thank you! that does look like it. Yea before I took it from home, it was in a pot that got about 6-8 hours of direct southern California sun so I'm guessing that wasn't good for it. Thanks for the help.