Succulent ID

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
LLLcacti

Succulent ID

Post by LLLcacti »

This is my mother's plant. It has a couple of babies growing under this one and I'd like to know the name so I can appropriately care for and label this guy.
Attachments
IMAG0027.jpg
IMAG0027.jpg (47.44 KiB) Viewed 935 times
IMAG0028.jpg
IMAG0028.jpg (45.45 KiB) Viewed 935 times
IMAG0029.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg (33.96 KiB) Viewed 935 times
The blind are truly blessed for there is no sight as marvelous as murals painted in their minds,
The deaf are truly blessed for there is no sound so joyous as the orchestra that plays in their heads!
snarfie

Re: Succulent ID

Post by snarfie »

I would say a kalanchoe blossfeldiana
Young professional amateur in Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis growing and hybridizing
LLLcacti

Post by LLLcacti »

I was thinking the same thing. However, all the ones I looked up have little baby stems and the leaves are much closer together. From Its location, It gets very little light, and a bunch of water. Could that effect the shoot size and leaf spacing?
The blind are truly blessed for there is no sight as marvelous as murals painted in their minds,
The deaf are truly blessed for there is no sound so joyous as the orchestra that plays in their heads!
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

Looks are variable depending on care & location, yes. I agree with snarfie's ID of K. blossfediana, Flaming Katy. :)
Rosemarie
LLLcacti

Post by LLLcacti »

Sweet! thanks guys, you've been a HUGE help....BTW I googled some seed saving info on these guys. Hopefully soon I'll get a whole army of them to sprout :-D