a green lithops I.D.

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
KittieKAT

a green lithops I.D.

Post by KittieKAT »

Sooooo here's the scoop on these little guys, someone i know sent me these i just got them in the mail today that explains why they are covered in dust and soil from travel, i didn't know he'd keep them potted. Anyways he calls these "Green Hybrids"
Im assuming open polination created them or it was one of his many attempts at cross pollination and they looked cool soo he kept them to stabilize the traits, but i can only assume... but I'll ask when i talk to him again. Iwas wondering if these were hybrids or just a lithop he's not familiar with, and if anyone could have an id on what it is or could be. The pictures are really hard to see that they are actually a chartreuse color or green and yellow and lime green, kinda spotted and blotched. Very cool looking in person, very hard to see in photos. But since we have some mesemb masters on here, i thought id give it a go to try and see if this one actually has a name. Or any guesses as to what they could or may have been crossed with. I guess theirs no right or wrong answer until i hear back from him but if he doesn't have a clue i guess its name will have to be just "green hybrid" . Lol
Attachments
Flash on
Flash on
CAM02317-1.jpg (58.03 KiB) Viewed 833 times
Flash off
Flash off
CAM02318-1.jpg (30.74 KiB) Viewed 833 times
Under a lamp light
Under a lamp light
CAM02319-1.jpg (32.61 KiB) Viewed 833 times
KittieKAT

Re: a green lithops I.D.

Post by KittieKAT »

Whatever its potted in is terrible so that's gotta change asap!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The soil doesn't look bad from the pictures. It looks quite mineral (the layer stuck on the inside of the pot and on top of the plants would support my thought, being a bit loamy?). But the photo could play tricks here. Is it really peat I am looking at?
iann

Post by iann »

They look very much like L. bromfieldii 'Sulphurea'.

They look to be potted in dirt rather than peat. Could be OK for Lithops so long as it is rocky enough to drain well.
--ian
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Its ike sand and a lil bit of pumice and alot of dried crushed peat and some other weird stuff I'm not familiar with.
That's what i assumed it was ian but i have a L. Bromfieldii 'sulphurea' and it just doesn't have the same colors. The pictures do no justice to this plant unfortunately so it will be pretty hard to show what i mean. The two smaller ones have more dark green and lime green, the bigger one has more yellow and dark green with some lime green spots. Really amazing in person. I was thinking maybe he crossed something with L. Bromfieldii 'sulphurea' And maybe a different one together, not really sure.... or maybe the two with more green arent 'sulphurea' And the bigger one that's more spotted and more yellow is cause its got more of the 'sulphurea' Traits then the other two maybe from a different plant it bread with(?) I really can't know for sure. I was only thinking he'd send me one plant but getting three is great either way, just wish i knew which ones are the 'hybrids' he was talking about and if he just thru a 'sulphurea' in their by mistake or just because..
I wish he'd answer my emails!!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Maybe crossed with the green albinica or the green fulviceps?
Just guessing i could be wrong maybe im just looking at it to hard lol