Help identifying 7 succulents

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
aurelie.

Help identifying 7 succulents

Post by aurelie. »

Hello. I have a small cacti and succulent collection, and I've been trying to identify what the succulents are. A few of them have had a mealybug infection, but I think I've taken care of it. It has left them in rather bad shape though, making one in particular hard to recognise. Any help with id would be greatly appreciated!
I think this is an aloe? has pretty big roots and seems to be doing well
I think this is an aloe? has pretty big roots and seems to be doing well
aloe.JPG (29.48 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
I think this might be a crassula ovata 'gollum'. One of the plants affected by the measlybug so it used to have more leaves.
I think this might be a crassula ovata 'gollum'. One of the plants affected by the measlybug so it used to have more leaves.
Crassula ovata 'Gollum'.JPG (48.89 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Echeveria lilacina???
Echeveria lilacina???
Echeveria lilacina 1.JPG (32.54 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
This one looks a bit like a mini tree. The red flowers were added by the store. Quite a rubbery feel to it
This one looks a bit like a mini tree. The red flowers were added by the store. Quite a rubbery feel to it
mini tree.JPG (26.27 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Pachyphytum oviferum??
Pachyphytum oviferum??
Pachyphytum oviferum.JPG (29.64 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
This one was hit hard by the measlybug. Its leaves used to span across its pot (about 8cm length leaves at the bottom). It was also in flower when I got it. Two long stems with bunches of bright waxy bell-shaped flowers on the ends
This one was hit hard by the measlybug. Its leaves used to span across its pot (about 8cm length leaves at the bottom). It was also in flower when I got it. Two long stems with bunches of bright waxy bell-shaped flowers on the ends
unknown t1 -1.JPG (68.47 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
I have no idea for this one. It had little pink flowers peppered on it, but they burnt in the sun :s the top of it also has a kind of white fluff.
I have no idea for this one. It had little pink flowers peppered on it, but they burnt in the sun :s the top of it also has a kind of white fluff.
unkown t2 -1.JPG (42.64 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Thank you!
Last edited by aurelie. on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosemarie

Re: Help identifying 7 succulents

Post by Rosemarie »

My take on them:

Aloe, yes...can't say I know which species, though.
Crassula 'Hobbit' (one that seems to be on steroids~think they are marketing it as 'Ogre's Ears', not 'Hobbit').
Could be Echeveria lilacina, but maybe not (get it to grow well, then re-post plz)
Austrocylindropuntia subulata f. monstrose
Pachy-something maybe Pachyphytum bracteosum
Echeveria (has E. shaviana in it)-but hard to say what it is
a Mammilaria

Maybe that'll get you started... :mrgreen:
Rosemarie
iann

Post by iann »

Last one is a Mammillaria polythele cultivar, a monstrose form with few or no spines. It goes by names like "Inermis" or var nudum.
--ian
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I've seen it under var nudum and also inermis as ian said
aurelie.

Post by aurelie. »

Thanks guys! I've looked up E. shaviana and those were exactly the flowers it had, so beautiful! it is in a really sad state now, hopping that as long as there are leaves, there's hope but definitely don't think it'll flower this year :( The Mammillaria polythele var nudum label also seems to correspond well with the flowers I observed on it. Any suggestions to ensure it flowers again? It was in flower during the late summer (Sept time). Should I remove the dead flowers?
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

They usually do fine without removing new buds will push them out regardless, just give it nice sun, sum water in hotter months only when the soil is dry to the touch. Don't water if soils wet or damp wait for it to dry out completely. And you'll prob get buds again!
george76904

Post by george76904 »

The aloe looks kind of like aloe nobilis, but I cannot say that for sure.
~Will