lithop I.D for the ones in this picture

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
iann

Re: lithop I.D for the ones in this picture

Post by iann »

'Blue Moon' is a legitimate cultivar, although not a common one. I've never seen one that looked anything other than slightly blue-grey, I have a L. lesliei which looks quite blue right now, although there is no pretence of it being anything other than a nice grey plant. Of course it could be dying :roll:
--ian
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Lol iann, i guess even master's of mesembs have a few that succumb to lithop heaven, i hope it's okay!!
I like the blue moon I'm surprised you don't have one..or a whole pot full!
At the moment I'm trying to save the lithop seedling sprouts from dying off they just get to the littl mushroom shapes then next thing u kno...dried out leaves :( grrrr
iann

Post by iann »

L. schwantesii isn't one of my favourite species. Despite being a highly variable species with several named varieties and even more older names, I only have a couple of them.
--ian
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I only have a couple of lithops in my own collection, i like L. Schwantesii the blue bottom and the bumpy pink top so pretty, i have one it looks like it's about to start splitting. I got it for free at a small box store they were about to toss it in the trash
Its a little tall for a lithop but a good find for my collection and i saved it from the trash so its all good :)
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

You kno what this lithop might be outta my collection, it's kinda grayish- purple like?
Attachments
CAM02103.jpg
CAM02103.jpg (35.27 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
CAM02104.jpg
CAM02104.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
iann

Post by iann »

L. jull ssp fulleri
--ian
david90531

Post by david90531 »

Kitty that looks like my L. julii the flowered untimely in july
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

So weird i have a Julie fulleri and its white.. or is that just a Julie?
Good to know. I don't have many of my plants id'd lol
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Anyone kno how to freeze pollen? I collected some from my F. " baby toes " last night, but since i only have one i got nothing to pollinate with its pollen at the moment, was thinking trying to pollinate it to a lithop? U think that could work? Heehe!

And was wondering if F. Baby toes are self fertile or are infertile? Cause i had two buds but one broke off :(
So was thinking i could try ticking they other one with the broken off flower if they could Fertilze themselves.