cool looking lithop would like to know they i.d for my list!

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
KittieKAT

cool looking lithop would like to know they i.d for my list!

Post by KittieKAT »

Saw this looking online at lithops cause those who don't have, window shop! Lol

Came across this one and it has a really cool pattern and color, any idea out there?
Attachments
Sorry to who owns this picture, to beautiful to pass up not knowing what it is!
Sorry to who owns this picture, to beautiful to pass up not knowing what it is!
images.jpeg (8.18 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
iann

Re: cool looking lithop would like to know they i.d for my l

Post by iann »

I'm going to suggest L. bromfieldii.
--ian
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

That's what I thought too. The ones I'm sending you are that species though they aren't that dark, at least not yet. That purple color is interesting too. Either it is an unusual individual or maybe a cultivar I haven't seen.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea i went to the web page but the guys photos were blocked so i couldn't see the pictures that matched up with the i.ds but I'm guessing it was one that he had listed in the Noid section, i luv the dark purple bodies and three greenish/black markings
Really cool, i bet it's a CV or an oopsi cross breed that came out awesome!
Haven't had luck finding anything else like it on the web so far :(
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

How about an id for this one!! Holy crap isn't this beautiful!!
Attachments
This is from a guy's flickr account, just said Lithop...grrr
This is from a guy's flickr account, just said Lithop...grrr
images-1.jpeg (6.28 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Definitely looks like a selected cultivar. That might be L. salicola 'Sato's Violet'. Possibly L. meyeri 'Hammeruby' but I think it is too dark. Tanquana, a very close relative to Lithops, is also possible though the patterning on top is more Lithops like. Or it could be a newer cultivar that isn't in my Lithops book.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Really cool looking reguardless!
And saxicola their was a package at my door today when the kid's where running up my stairs (perfect timing!)
I opened up the box to find adorable little butt shaped plants peeking outta the newspaper, the kids are jumping around like little jumping beans they especially like that some are transforming to their new skin's they are absolutely smitten, thanks to you we now have kid's that have plant's in their decorated pots, as much as i wanted to take picture's of the kid's with their new pots, I'm not allowed to unless i have parental permission.. :( - but they are hard at work drawing you pictures of their cacti and signing their names on a thank you letter!
Nothing professional looking since most kids are from 4-15 but atleast they are trying to scribble in the lines!

I cannot thank you enough, The kids are ecstatic!
Attachments
Here's some that are finished at the moment, i especially like the one on the right top by a 5 year old (alex) can u see him with his new plant in his pot?  How cute!
Here's some that are finished at the moment, i especially like the one on the right top by a 5 year old (alex) can u see him with his new plant in his pot? How cute!
CAM01950.jpg (35.96 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
iann

Post by iann »

I think that is Tanquana hilmarii. It would be spotted although that is hard to see when they are so dark. The only possible "Lithop" would be 'Hammeruby', but it doesn't look right to me. Best not to get too excited about small grainy pictures that might not even give a realistic view. After all, there are plenty of really great Lithops out there to chase.

L. salicola 'Bacchus' (aka Sato's Violet).
bacchus.jpg
bacchus.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
--ian
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Oh trust me Ian i kno their are tons of lithops out their that look beautiful and strange.
At the moment I'm trying to find a lithops optica malculate and a Lithops Marmorata (the green one) Cause i had one, it was my first lithop, but it died last year after changing skins it never took the energy from the old leaves and it never fully formed :(
Just haven't had luck finding any that i can afford right now
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

See one died, then sadly...they other... it was so sudden
Still don't kno what went wrong, my other lithops survived fine
Attachments
:(
:(
1404849352904.jpg (72.01 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

iann wrote:I think that is Tanquana hilmarii. It would be spotted although that is hard to see when they are so dark. The only possible "Lithop" would be 'Hammeruby', but it doesn't look right to me. Best not to get too excited about small grainy pictures that might not even give a realistic view. After all, there are plenty of really great Lithops out there to chase.

L. salicola 'Bacchus' (aka Sato's Violet).
bacchus.jpg
Have you seen the Bacchus in Hammer's book? It looks closer to hers than your picture does, but admittedly isn't that dark. Actually it looks like half way between the two images. The thing that concerns me about Tanquana is I didn't think they had patterning at the top of the leaves. I could be wrong though.

Kat, so nice to hear! I'm glad I was able to help out the kids. I was just lucky to be going to a wholesale producer that sells them dirt cheap, so I could provide what you needed without breaking the bank. The thank you note and drawings are great!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I still cant thank YOU enough saxicola you made 25 (outta the 36 kids in the program) that wanted lithops very happy little jumping beans today! I'll send you some of their thank you letters in the mail when i get some stamps!

All the Lithops have new owner's (and names lol!)
Wish i had a wholesaler close to me to get plant's cheap for the kids
But I'm sure most will be happy watching their "little bums" grow