Roadside Special

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
don

Roadside Special

Post by don »

I was driving back to the Phoenix AZ area when I saw this old man on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere selling a few plants...for cheap! This aloe looked nice so I figured I'd try my luck (for $10). I have no idea what it is and I'd like to take care of it properly in this hot Arizona sun. It is 12+ inches (30 cm) wide. Any ideas on the ID would be appreciated.
Attachments
unnamed-13.jpg
unnamed-13.jpg (35.7 KiB) Viewed 759 times
unnamed-14.jpg
unnamed-14.jpg (33.49 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Rosemarie

Re: Roadside Special

Post by Rosemarie »

Nice, big aloe for your money! Sorry, I can't help with its ID. Teeth aren't long enough for what I thought it might be. You may have to wait for blooms to figure out what it is.
Rosemarie
don

Post by don »

thank you anyway...any recommendations on how best to keep? The seller said that it has been in the direct sun but i have found that a lot of plants can't take the direct AZ sun. I have 300 cacti, agaves, and yuccas but this is my first aloe.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

If you bought it at a roadside stand in Arizona, good bet it can take the Arizona sun.
Spence :mrgreen:
don

Post by don »

That is what i am hoping...I planted it yesterday. I still would like to know what it is however!