Probable Euphorbia

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Probable Euphorbia

Post by WayneByerly »

I purchased a packet of seeds that were, ostensibly, Euphorbia enopla. NONE of them germinated. So I wrote the seller and she sent me a new package of seeds. They day after they arrived and I had sowed the new packet of seeds in the same container, I had two of the original packet of seeds germinate. I allowed the two seeds of the original packet to remain with the new seeds.

22 of the 25 seeds in the new package germinated. But slowly, over several months, each and every one of the 22 seedlings dried up and died.

So I am left with the two seedlings from the original packet that are quite visibly different than the seedlings of the second packet … and I have NO idea what their species is. They are definitely NOT Euphorbia enopla.

Can anyone positively identify this plant? They're kind of youing ... 3 or 4 months (I don't feel like getting up to look at records to give an exact age) and only about 2.25 and 3.00 inches tall. Three pictures follow.

1) You can click on this picture for a larger view.
DSCF4506.jpg
DSCF4506.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 774 times
2)
DSCF4507.jpg
DSCF4507.jpg (26.02 KiB) Viewed 774 times
3)
Attachments
DSCF4508.jpg
DSCF4508.jpg (29.69 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
CactusLover

Re: Probable Euphorbia

Post by CactusLover »

It might be Euphorbia grandicornis. I have some E. grandicornis seedlings and yours look just like mine.
Very nice seedlings, by the way!
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!