Lithops ID help

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
david90531

Lithops ID help

Post by david90531 »

I got my first lithops potted up, and would love some help on identifying them, few of them are labelled but I'm not sure if it's right
Another pic from earlier

1. I think it's Lithops julii for sure but is it a ssp. fulleri?
2. Lithops karasmontana ssp. bella C143A?
3. Not sure about this one, is it Lithops lesliei of some sort?
4 and 5 came from mail order and it's supposed to be 4. Lithops fulleri cv. Fullergreen C56A. But I thought it was supposed to be more green colour, this one looks paler
5. Lithops hallii C119

Appreciate any help, thanks!
Astro

Re: Lithops ID help

Post by Astro »

My stab at it:

1. likely, looks a lot like your #4 in the photo. Look for marks in the edges of the window on the shoulders of the leaves, which seem to be present for many fulleri.
2. looks like bella. Re the collection number, I'll repeat Ian's mantra: the collection number refers to a plant's provenance (pedigree if you will :) ) so, unless it is provided with the plant, it is best to leave it off.
3. Looks more like aucampiae to me.
4. Doesn't look very green... it could well be a 'Fullergreen' seedling in the sense that it came up from a batch of 'Fullergreen' seed. In my experience maybe 20% of 'Fullergreen' seedlings look like regular fulleri (i.e. 'Fullergreen' is a misnomer).
5. looks about right
iann

Post by iann »

L. julii 'Fullergreen' isn't the greenest thing you've ever seen, but there's no mistaking that the colour is not grey-brown.
fullergreen5.jpg
fullergreen5.jpg (53.49 KiB) Viewed 2084 times
So it looks like you've got two ssp fulleri Lithops :)
--ian
david90531

Post by david90531 »

Hm so it seems.. I was quite disappointed because I really wanted a greener one, they don't show up in nurseries quite often either, saw one the other day but it appeared to be overwatered and exploded.. But this one has a nice transparent look to it compared to my followering julii
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

Glad you posted over here as well, David, as I knew Ian & others...Astro...would be able to help you! :)
Rosemarie
david90531

Post by david90531 »

Haha yeah I love viewing both forums but I noticed CG has a good number of mesembs experts!
david90531

Post by david90531 »

Saw this at local nursery. Any idea what Lithops ID this is?
I thought it might be julii but it has a blue-gray color to it and I've never seen it.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Most likely salicola.
david90531

Post by david90531 »

Astro wrote:Most likely salicola.
Thank you Astro. Could you give me some tips on watering over at the succulent general forum? I updated the thread I started awhile back.
Much thanks!