Pepperomia??

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Mike

Pepperomia??

Post by Mike »

I was told this is probably a Pepperomia, though they didn't the species. any ideas?

thanks Mike
Attachments
Buck 082.JPG
Buck 082.JPG (57.72 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
Saxicola

Re: Pepperomia??

Post by Saxicola »

Looks like Peperomia dolabriformis. I'm starting to take a liking to the "window leaved" species from the Andes like that one. They are an under appreciated group of succulents, maybe because most Peperomia are seen as houseplants or tropicals.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks much. maybe the HBG will start propagating this P graveolens, I'd love to have it
Attachments
DSC_8754.JPG
DSC_8754.JPG (57.67 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

I used to have that one but it rotted during my learning stage with these guys. I've seen it for sale at Home Depot in mixed succulent baskets! Never as its own plant though. P. graveolens is one of the best though P. wolfgang-krahnii is my favorite of the ones I've seen.
Mike

Post by Mike »

any horticultural suggestions ?
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

I'm still far from an expert but I think they may actually like it somewhat warm. I figured they were from the high Andes so would like the cool nights in my area (in the low 40s in winter), but I now think it wants 50 or above. That comes from my own observations (most of the deaths occurred in the fall when it cooled down) and also talking with John Trager at the Huntington. So as I rebuild my collection I plan on keeping them in the greenhouse. Beyond that it is still kind of hit and miss. There is surprisingly little info on growing these guys out there.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

What I can find says light shade, above 50f. No different from the average Peperomia.
Spence :mrgreen: