Aloe Cosmo "Green pearl"

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
majcka

Aloe Cosmo "Green pearl"

Post by majcka »

Hello. I know, you did talk about some of this last year but anyway...

I got a succulent named Aloe Cosmo "Green pearl". So far I found out, that is not an Aloe but infact a Gasteraloe. Do anyone here know right parents of that?

I am sorry not to get enough time to do the pic yet. But I will. Soon.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

majcka

Re: Aloe Cosmo "Green pearl"

Post by majcka »

Could that be right?

http://myfolia.com/plants/288-aloe-aloe ... 6162-cosmo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There it's said, Aloe cosmo is infact an aloe not gasteraloe as I thought?!

Here they saying it's an Aloe aristata hybrid:

http://www.sos-cactus.net/t552-aloe-cv-cosmo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I have a plant with exact name but don't know the species. Isn't that veird?

I also find on some page on net that is infact a hybrid with Aloe aristata X Gasteria batesiana. Could that be correct?
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

Without seeing your pic, just guessing you have what is out there as xGasteraloe 'Cosmo' (some list as Gastrolea), a wide-leafed plant. I've seen it on UK eBay & the Lapshin site. It seems to be a cross between Aloe aristata & some Gasteria (not sure it would be batesiana).
Rosemarie
majcka

Post by majcka »

It's me again with the same question. Here is the pic I forgot to put on last year. Since I manage to keep it alive through winter I thought it might be nice to know:
Gasteraloe Cosmo cv Green Pearl.JPG
Gasteraloe Cosmo cv Green Pearl.JPG (51.3 KiB) Viewed 5922 times
I wonder who the parents are. Some say it has gasteria, aloe and haworthia origins.
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

FRANCKM

Post by FRANCKM »

This plant appeared here in Europe a few years ago. It is said to be an Aloe aristata X haworthia hybrid, but not sure. Some say it could be hardy to 10F. Mine died at 5F but offsets survived. Watch out the snails & slugs who love it :(

Franck 8)
Visit my garden website > http://exoticatolosa.e-monsite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if you ever got pix of the bloom on your plant, Majcka? I see it had buds in the original pic. I have others telling me now (on another forum), that 'Cosmo' is an aristata, not crossed with Gasteria. :D I want proof! If you have it, I'd love to see it, please!
Rosemarie
majcka

Post by majcka »

Rosemarie wrote:I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if you ever got pix of the bloom on your plant, Majcka? I see it had buds in the original pic. I have others telling me now (on another forum), that 'Cosmo' is an aristata, not crossed with Gasteria. :D I want proof! If you have it, I'd love to see it, please!
Sorry, Rosemarie.

I was struggeling to keep it alive for quite some time. It somehow made it through summer but had no eager to live through winter. It had been so for 2 winters. This last winter I finaly lost it. I thought I will save an offspring it made, but I wasn't able to.
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Rosemarie

Post by Rosemarie »

So sorry you lost your plant. I've had many go the same way. Thanks for your response. :)
Rosemarie