Crassula?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Geo99

Crassula?

Post by Geo99 »

I just bought this today but it had no identification label. Is it a Crassula of some sort? Also, a few smaller stems with younger leaves have fallen off, what should I do with them? Is it possible to propagate them?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (70.1 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Hello! I'm 19 and from the north coast of Scotland, I absolutely adore succulents, and plants in general! I don't know what I'm doing most of the time, but at least I'm having fun!
teo

Re: Crassula?

Post by teo »

Crassula rupestris
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Agreed. Pieces breaking off is common, and they root easily, according to http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1102/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (scroll down, it's the second species discussed).
Spence :mrgreen:
HairyHarry

Post by HairyHarry »

Rooting loose pieces is possible, but not the easiest way to propagate.
If you want to propagate the plant, take a small piece from the plant/shoots that is already rooting. It grows pretty quick, so splitting the whole plant is another option.

Really want to harvest? Pot this plant in wider pot, so the shoots will rest on top of the soil; they'll root like crazy. Even if you don't take cuttings; you will end up with a beautiful 'bed'. Which to me looks more natural than a hanging plant.

Enjoy!